Friday, March 21, 2008

Governor Bill Richardson endorses Barack Obama

Early in the race I was backing Richardson based on his resume. He's a latino, a successful diplomat and endorsed by the NRA. Once he got on the campaign trail, he just never got traction with the voters and party organizers.

Well today, a guy who I still like endorsed the other guy I like-Barack Obama.

"I believe he is the kind of once-in-a-lifetime leader that can bring our nation together and restore America's moral leadership in the world," Richardson said in a statement obtained by the AP. "As a presidential candidate, I know full well Sen. Obama's unique moral ability to inspire the American people to confront our urgent challenges at home and abroad in a spirit of bipartisanship and reconciliation."

Richardson's endorsement also could help Obama pick up support among Hispanics, who are the nation's largest and fastest-growing minority.


Richardson endorsement

Now I wonder which way Edwards will go.

4 Comments:

wabah58 said...

Im a little surprised with that endorsement. I thought he would for sure back Hillary and Tony.

MrBold said...

Whose Tony?

I'm not too surprised with this. Richardson a few weeks ago expressed dissapointment with HRC's change in tactics.

wabah58 said...

Tony Soprano "Bill Clinton"

MrBold said...

lulz!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online