Friday, June 13, 2008

In other news...


"Dave Koch, a spokesman for the Cedar Rapids fire department, said the river will crest Friday at about 31.8 feet. It was at 30.9 feet early in the morning. In a 1993 flood, considered the worst flood in recent history, it was at 19.27 feet.

The weather conditions that triggered the floods were the same as those in 1993: hot air from a ridge of high pressure on the East Coast colliding with cooler air from the West Coast, according to Ken Kunkel, interim director of the Illinois Water Survey."

H/t to Digby:
Iowa Floods

3 Comments:

wabah58 said...

My guess would be Brian Williams to fill the spot. What say you?

wabah58 said...

Oops, I put my comment in the wrong thread. My bad. *get over it*

MrBold said...

Yeah I don't know. Williams is their regular daily guy.

I hate to say but it seems like f'ing Tweety -Chris Matthews is in line for this.

I really do hope it's someone else. I can't stand CM anymore.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online