Monday, June 23, 2008

Tonight's Featured Artist-George Carlin

As everyone has heard by now George Carlin died yesterday at the age of 71 from heart failure. I knew he was getting up there but I was hoping for at least another 3 or 4 HBO specials out of him.


The first comedy routine I ever heard was the SnL variation of this one:


He gave me so many excuses not to like baseball.

There are some great retrospectives being written today on the blogosphere. One of the most definitive with lots of links is T Rex's post at the DailyKos:
T Rex's Diary at DKos

I hope you all go out tonight and have drink to his memory. When you do, think of this toast:

Here's to George Carlin,
The world has finally kicked your bucket
The worms have to come to collect their due
You gave us the courage to call bullshit,
and say a big fuck you while we did it too.

I'm going to miss you man. Thanks for the laughs.


I offer this as a way of Carlin doing "When the Saints Go Marching In".

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online