Monday, February 11, 2008

Krugman you're losing me...

I love Paul Krugman. I admit it. Why?

Because he's one of the few economists that writes plainly enough for non-econ majors to follow.

But his anti-Obama campaign is getting really out of hand. Here he goes with this outlandish claim:

"I won’t try for fake evenhandedness here: most of the venom I see is coming from supporters of Mr. Obama, who want their hero or nobody."


Click here for article

Are you kidding me? Apparently he is, because he doesn't provide one iota of evidence for this.

Krugman tries to explain:
What’s particularly saddening is the way many Obama supporters seem happy with the application of “Clinton rules” — the term a number of observers use for the way pundits and some news organizations treat any action or statement by the Clintons, no matter how innocuous, as proof of evil intent.


Does Krugman provide one example of this in his column? Nope. In fact the only concrete examples of folks using "Clinton Rules" comes from the Scaife funded smear campaigns of the 1990s.

So basically Krugman calls Obama supporters, and I am one, smear mongering Republicans without proof. It seems Krugman has lost his mind since the Iowa Caucus. As an admitted Krugman superfan, I hope he gets it back.

For an added twist, try changing Obama to Romney and Clinton to McCain and see how much more sense Krugman's take on the race makes.

1 Comment:

MrBold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online