Tuesday, October 7, 2008

#7

Retired navy chief. I know both express support for Israel, if Iran attacks would you wait for approval from the sec council before moving?

JM-We obviously would not wait for the UN. Both Russia and China would pose significant obstacles. The Iranians are posing a threat. It's not just Israel but entire mid east. The tensions would be ratcheted up. Calls your country a stinking corpse. BO wants to sit down with them. If we join with our allies in posing tough sanctions to modify their behavior. And join a league of democracies. You know what it's like to serve.

BO-We honor your service. We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. We will never take military options off the table. And we will never provide veto power to the UN. But we must use all the tools to prevent that senario. If we can work diplomatically. right now Iran imports gas even though they have oil. If we can stop gas going into there that would stop their economy. We need to make clear that if they don't change their behavior there are consequences. If they change it, then they can rejoin the community of nations. Not talking has created a nuclear korea.

Last question.

What don't you know and will you learn it?

BO-My wife could give you long list and most time I'd ask her. One of things we know about the Presidency is the challenges we don't expect. Here is what I do know. I know I wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for this country giving me my opportunity. I come from modest means. My mom collected food stamps. Despite that i was able to succeed and that is true for Michelle. And the question is are we going to pass on that American dream to our children. The dream has diminished. People dont' have the money to go to college. We can't do the same thing we've done for 8 years and expect something different.

JM-I think what I don't know is what all of us don't know. What I don't know is what the unexpected will be. I know what it's like in dark times and what it's like to keep on fighting through dark times. I know what it's like to have your comrades reach out and pick you up and put you back into the fight. I believe in this country. It's been my great honor to serve it. And I'm asking for another opportunity. Steady hand at the tiller.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online