Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Debate 7

CG-"Do the presidents have a plan to get us out of Iraq, how is that going to happen."

Let me add to that question-is HRC going to stick to her plans to sticking to 1-2 brigads on the ground.and said this would destabalize Iraq?

HRC-yes here's why. Our professional military is the best in the world. I have watched this president as he changed the rationale and I am convinced that it is in the best interest of this country and Iraq and we will immediately put in a withdrawal plan and make it clear to the Iraqies that there will no longer be a blank check. I have been convinced and very clear that I will withdraw troops in 60 days.

CG-arent' you saying that the gains are fragile and reverseable. are you saying you know better?

HRC-no i am saying that no one can predict what happens. It is about beginning to pay attention to to things like Afghanistan. there are other problems we have failed to address. We do know what will happen. Our military will be stretched thin. We will not be able to reassert our authority in the world.

CG-your campaign manager Plouf said you will be out of Iraq in 16 months.

BHO-The CiC sets the mission. The Prez now says he's taking cues from Petraeus. Unfortunately our civilian leadership set out a poor mission. I will always respect our commanders on the ground tactically. Once I have provided that mission of getting out and if they want to adjust tactics but ultimately the buck stops with me. We continue to see AQ getting stronger, we currently anti USA fanned across the mid east. We do not have a brigade to send anywhere right now.

CG-Should it be US policy now to attack Iran if they attack Israel?

BHO-I've said I want to prevent the Iranians from acquiring nuclear weapons. I have said to them these are the issues we find unacceptable. I believe we can offer carrots and sticks. I have also said I have taken no options off the table and that would include threats rejected to Israel and any other ally.

GS-So you would protect israel.

bho-I've said we would take appropriate actionl.


GS-And you

HRC-I want to create an umbrella over the region. Iran is not cooperative. They continue to try to obtain nuclear material and intimidate the region and have their way. I think this is an opportunity to go to the region and enlist in a security agreement with the region against Iran. We don't need Ahmadinejad, but I would have a diplomatic process to engage him. We can't go to the saudies and kuwaties and say don't acquire nukes yourselves. WE need to extend our security umbrella to them. We cannot permit Iran to become a nuke power.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online